[<prev] [<thread-prev] [day] [month] [year] [list]
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2024 16:48:25 +0100
From: Sam Bull <9m199i@...bull.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE-2024-40761: Apache Answer: Avatar URL leaked
 user email addresses

For WordPress websites that I host, I have code which caches the gravatar images on the
server and serves them directly.

My main goal was to disallow Gravatar tracking users across our websites (enforced with a
Content-Security-Policy in addition to rewriting the image URLs). But, it does also
rewrite the hashes used when served to the client. So, this could be used to avoid leaking
user addresses.

Not sure if that can apply to this software as well, but thought it was worth noting.

Sam

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (196 bytes)