Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2024 16:40:47 +0200
From: niekt0 <niekt0@...eria.cz>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: feedback requested regarding deprecation of TLS
 1.0/1.1

Hi,

as a penetration tester, I would appreciate something like a package
"ssl-obsolete", that would contain old, working code. While it is probably not
necessary to fix cryptography related bugs (we know that this part is broken),
it would be probably still nice to fix RCE bugs.

There are still MANY devices out there, that does not receive any updates,
sometimes because they are in an "air-gaped" environment, or they are some sort
of an embedded device, etc, etc. It is still very useful, to have some handy
way how to speak to those devices, there may be still hundreds of millions of
them. (installing a special 5 years old instance of while OS does not seems
like a handy way to me)

n.