Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2024 21:39:21 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: yescrypt@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: using yescrypt on Windows 10

On Wed, Aug 14, 2024 at 08:43:04AM +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> Now we need this as an EXE on Windows 10. Is there any libcrypt.dll for
> a gcc or other C-compiler on Windows? Thanks

Looks like libxcrypt is also available in/for Cygwin, and the version
is (barely) recent enough to have yescrypt support in it.  So Cygwin is
probably the easiest way for you to get your existing code working.

Other than that, you could take our upstream non-library yescrypt code
and get it into your program.  One feature you're using from libxcrypt
that we don't have is generation of a random salt - you'll have to
implement that manually.  Also, libxcrypt's cost factor conversion to
yescrypt parameter vector isn't in our code, but you can easily get
around that by passing a pre-generated yescrypt prefix string.

Alexander