Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2024 21:39:47 -0400
From: Michael Sweet <msweet@...eet.org>
To: Zdenek Dohnal <zdohnal@...hat.com>
Cc: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>,
 oss-security@...ts.openwall.com,
 Simone Margaritelli <evilsocket@...il.com>
Subject: Re: CUPS printing system vulnerabilities

All,

For the _ppdCreateFromIPP code in cups/ppd-cache.c, the commits for CUPS 2.5 are:

    8361420cb Escape localized strings in PPDs.
    dfb947e13 Fix localization of finishing templates and general presets.
    5a4803788 PPDize preset and template names.
    bcd720b06 Refactor make-and-model code.
    96b3bdf01 Validate URIs and attribute names before putting them in the generated PPD.

The corresponding commits in the 2.4.x branch are:

    2abe1ba8a Fix warnings for unused vars.
    1e6ca5913 Quote PPD localized strings.
    e0630cd18 PPDize preset and template names.
    04bb2af45 Refactor make-and-model code.
    9939a70b7 Mirror IPP Everywhere printer changes from master.

I've attached a diff from v2.4.10 with these changes:

Download attachment "ppd-cache.patch" of type "application/octet-stream" (18722 bytes)