Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2024 17:52:08 +0000
From: Karan Kumar <karan@...che.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE-2024-45384: Apache Druid: Padding oracle in druid-pac4j
 extension that allows an attacker to manipulate a pac4j session cookie via
 Padding Oracle Attack

Severity: low

Affected versions:

- Apache Druid 0.18.0 through 30.0.0

Padding Oracle vulnerability in Apache Druid extension, druid-pac4j.
This could allow an attacker to manipulate a pac4j session cookie.

This issue affects Apache Druid versions 0.18.0 through 30.0.0.
Since the druid-pac4j extension is optional and disabled by default, Druid installations not using the druid-pac4j extension are not affected by this vulnerability.

While we are not aware of a way to meaningfully exploit this flaw, we
nevertheless recommend upgrading to version 30.0.1 or higher which fixes the issue
and ensuring you have a strong
druid.auth.pac4j.cookiePassphrase as a precaution.

Credit:

mr-n30 (reporter)