Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2024 22:17:40 +0200
From: Christian Hoffmann <christian@...fie.info>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE-2024-7012, CVE-2024-7923: Authentication bypass in Foreman &
 Pulpcore

Hi,

not affiliated in any way, but I think the following two critical
Foreman & Pulpcore vulnerabilities [1] are worth mentioning here:

 From [2]:
 > #### CVE-2024-7923: Authentication bypass in Pulpcore
 > An authentication bypass vulnerability has been identified in Pulpcore
 > when deployed by the Foreman Installer with Gunicorn versions prior to
 > 22.0.
 > This issue arises from the way Apache is configured to do certificate
 > authentication and pass this information to the Gunicorn backend,
 > without unsetting all headers coming from a possibly malicious client.
 > * Affects Katello 4.0.0 and higher
 > * Fix released in Foreman 3.10.1, 3.11.2, 3.12.0
 > * GitHub PR puppet-pulpcore#357
 >

 > #### CVE-2024-7012: Authentication bypass in Foreman
 > An authentication bypass vulnerability has been identified in Foreman
 > when deployed by the Foreman Installer with External Authentication.
 > This issue arises from the way Apache is configured to do certificate
 > authentication and pass this information to the Puma backend,
 > without unsetting all headers coming from a possibly malicious client.
 > * Affects Foreman 2.2.0 and higher
 > * Fix released in Foreman 3.10.1, 3.11.2, 3.12.0
 > * GitHub PR puppet-foreman#1181

Foreman is also used as part of other projects such as Red Hat
Satellite, which is also documented to be affected [3][4].

Further References:
[1] https://community.theforeman.org/t/foreman-3-11-2-is-now-available/39370
[2] https://theforeman.org/security.html#2024-7923
[3] https://access.redhat.com/security/cve/CVE-2024-7012
[4] https://access.redhat.com/security/cve/CVE-2024-7923
https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/37786?tab=changesets
https://projects.theforeman.org/issues/37787?tab=changesets

Kind regards,
Christian

Download attachment "OpenPGP_signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (841 bytes)