Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 03:43:18 -0400 (EDT)
From: cve-assign@...re.org
To: forest.monsen@...il.com, nacin@...dpress.org
Cc: cve-assign@...re.org, oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE request for Drupal core, and contributed modules

> SA-CORE-2014-004 - Drupal core - Denial of service
> https://www.drupal.org/SA-CORE-2014-004

[ as mentioned in the
http://openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2014/08/07/3 post, "It was
fixed by Michael Adams and Andrew Nacin of the WordPress security team
and David Rothstein of the Drupal security team ... the code was the
same and our patches differed only in coding standards" ]

> http://cgit.drupalcode.org/drupal/diff/includes/xmlrpc.inc?id=1849830
> https://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/29405/branches/3.9

Use CVE-2014-5265 for the code changes in xmlrpc.inc (Drupal) and
class-IXR.php (WordPress) to prevent entity declarations and therefore
address the "vulnerable to an XML entity expansion attack ... can
cause CPU and memory exhaustion" concern.

> http://cgit.drupalcode.org/drupal/diff/includes/xmlrpc.inc?id=1849830
> http://cgit.drupalcode.org/drupal/diff/modules/openid/xrds.inc?id=1849830
> https://core.trac.wordpress.org/changeset/29405/branches/3.9

Use CVE-2014-5266 for the "Skip parsing if there is an unreasonably
large number of tags" in both xmlrpc.inc and xrds.inc (Drupal) and the
"Bail if there are too many elements to parse" in class-IXR.php
(WordPress).

> http://cgit.drupalcode.org/drupal/diff/modules/openid/xrds.inc?id=1849830

Use CVE-2014-5267 for the code change to reject any XRDS document with
a /<!DOCTYPE/i match. (This is not really identical to CVE-2014-5265,
although part of the goal is the same.)

Use CVE-2014-5249. See http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2014-5249

Use CVE-2014-5250. See http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2014-5250

> SA-CONTRIB-2014-076 - Fasttoggle - Access bypass
> https://www.drupal.org/node/2316747

Use CVE-2014-5268. We think this means that, in the vulnerable
version, an unauthorized person could change an arbitrary user account
from "allow" status to "block" status, or change an arbitrary user
account from "block" status to "allow" status.

- --
CVE assignment team, MITRE CVE Numbering Authority
M/S M300
202 Burlington Road, Bedford, MA 01730 USA
[ PGP key available through http://cve.mitre.org/cve/request_id.html ]