Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2024 15:02:21 +0200
From: Daniele GMail <d.dario76@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: pthread_mutex_timedlock

Hi,
I have a question about pthread_mutex_timedlock.

>From the man page I see

[...]

If the Timers option is supported, the timeout shall be based on the
CLOCK_REALTIME clock; if the Timers option is not supported, the
timeout shall be based on the system clock as returned by the time()
function.

[...]

Can anybody explain me why there's no possibility to choose a different
clock like could be done for the pthread_cond_timedwait?

I have a lot of places in my code where timedlock of mutexes affected
by time changes could lead to problems and it is really difficult to
distinguish timeouts caused by time changes from other ones in order to
decide how to react.

Can someone point me to a portable workaround for this?

Thanks in advance,
Daniele.