Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2024 20:30:51 +0200
From: Markus Wichmann <nullplan@....net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Brian Cain <quic_bcain@...cinc.com>,
	Alex Bennée <alex.bennee@...aro.org>
Subject: Re: _GNU_SOURCE and _LARGEFILE_SOURCE

Am Wed, Sep 18, 2024 at 04:24:11PM +0200 schrieb Markus Wichmann:
> - the only reason to use the LFS64 symbols is compatibility with (at
>   this point) really old glibc versions on 32-bit targets.

Have to correct myself on that one. I said old when I should have said
ancient. A quick check in git showed that support for _FILE_OFFSET_BITS
was added in October of 1997. If you don't know what that means: That
was between Pricess Diana's funeral and the Kyoto Protocol.

So there really is absolutely no reason to use LFS64 functions ever.

Ciao,
Markus