Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2024 19:08:22 -0300
From: Valter Sage <manipuladordedados@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Inquiry Regarding Patch Review Process for musl

Dear musl Development Team,

I greatly admire the musl project and regularly use systems that
incorporate it. However, I am involved in a project that unfortunately
still does not work on musl-based systems, despite patches being
submitted quite some time ago. To cite a couple of examples:

- https://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2021/08/11/3
- https://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2022/08/10/1

Additionally, there are many other patches I have noticed, such as the
fdlopen patch, which was submitted a long time ago.

I understand that every open-source project faces challenges,
particularly in terms of code review and approval. However, it is
concerning that numerous patches submitted to musl do not receive
discourages contributors but also hinders the adoption and improvement
of musl in various projects.

Could you please provide some insights into the reasons behind this?
Is there a specific bottleneck in the review process or criteria that
patches must meet to be considered? Understanding this would be
immensely helpful for the community and for those of us who rely on
musl for our projects.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your
response.

Content of type "text/html" skipped