Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2024 03:43:27 +0000 (UTC)
From: Thorsten Glaser <tg@...bsd.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: roundf() (and round(), and ...)

Markus Wichmann dixit:

>memcpy() is special, in that GCC reserves the right to create calls to
>it (and memmove(), memcmp(), and memset()) even in freestanding mode. It
>doesn't do that for any other builtin.

But not to replace code that implements a memcpy, only to implement
things like struct copying.

>Your only options are to write
>those functions in assembler, or write them in C and constantly curate
>the options needed to compile the functions so that no recursive calls
>happen.

I’m personally happy writing .S files, but that’s a dying craft.

>> 15:41⎜<Lo-lan-do:#fusionforge> Somebody write a testsuite for helloworld :-)
>$ ./hw > /dev/full && echo FAIL || echo PASS
>
>And you wouldn't believe how many implementations fail that.

W: mksh: /dev/full: create: Permission denied
PASS

I don’t know what you mean… *g*

bye,
//mirabilos
(Yes, of course I know all nuances of what you mean, I’m on the list.)
--
“It is inappropriate to require that a time represented as
 seconds since the Epoch precisely represent the number of