Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 14:33:32 -0400
From: Nickolai Belakovski <nbelakovski@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Fortran nested function causes a segfault when linked from a shared library.

Hello all,

I'm having some trouble running a particular Fortran program I'm working on.
I've reduced it down to just a few lines of code and it seems that this
issue only occurs on musl.

As the title indicates, when a Fortran subroutine has a nested subroutine,
and it passes
that subroutine to another subroutine, that second subroutine will segfault
when it tries
to call the passed nested subroutine. I know, it's quite a mouthful, it's
probably easier
if you look at the code:
https://github.com/nbelakovski/fortran_nested_func_musl

I tried a handful of different compiler flags but I'm mostly just pulling
at straws here.

I'd appreciate any help anyone could provide in terms of either
investigating this issue
further or hopefully fixing it.

I've used mailing lists only once before so if my formatting or etiquette
is off please let
me know so that I may correct it.

Cheers,
Nickolai