Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 11:57:58 -0600
From: will cunningham <willpanther@...il.com>
To: sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: changing/fixing the tarballs in the butch

By request I recreated the qt4 build problem to get the build log error.
Remember this happens when trying to build qt4 before installing xorg.
Here are the last few lines of build_qt4.log:

g++ -c -o qxmlutils.o -m64 -pipe -DQMAKE_OPENSOURCE_EDITION -I.
-Igenerators -Igenerators/unix -Igenerators/win32 -Igenerators/mac
-Igenerators/symbian
-I/src/build/qt4/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.4/include
-I/src/build/qt4/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.4/include/QtCore
-I/src/build/qt4/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.4/src/corelib/global
-I/src/build/qt4/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.4/src/corelib/xml
-I/src/build/qt4/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.4/tools/shared
-DQT_NO_PCRE -DQT_BUILD_QMAKE -DQT_BOOTSTRAPPED -DQT_NO_TEXTCODEC
-DQT_NO_UNICODETABLES -DQT_NO_COMPONENT -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPRESS
-I/src/build/qt4/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64
-DHAVE_QCONFIG_CPP -DQT_NO_THREAD -DQT_NO_QOBJECT -DQT_NO_GEOM_VARIANT
/src/build/qt4/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.4/src/corelib/xml/qxmlutils.cpp
g++ -o "/src/build/qt4/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.4/bin/qmake"
project.o property.o main.o makefile.o unixmake2.o unixmake.o mingw_make.o
option.o winmakefile.o projectgenerator.o meta.o makefiledeps.o
metamakefile.o xmloutput.o pbuilder_pbx.o borland_bmake.o msvc_dsp.o
msvc_vcproj.o msvc_nmake.o msvc_objectmodel.o symmake.o
initprojectdeploy_symbian.o symmake_abld.o symmake_sbsv2.o registry.o
epocroot.o qtextcodec.o qutfcodec.o qstring.o qtextstream.o qiodevice.o
qmalloc.o qglobal.o qbytearray.o qbytearraymatcher.o qdatastream.o
qbuffer.o qlist.o qfile.o qfsfileengine_unix.o
qfsfileengine_iterator_unix.o qfsfileengine.o qfsfileengine_iterator.o
qregexp.o qvector.o qbitarray.o qdir.o qdiriterator.o quuid.o qhash.o
qfileinfo.o qdatetime.o qstringlist.o qabstractfileengine.o
qtemporaryfile.o qmap.o qmetatype.o qsettings.o qlibraryinfo.o qvariant.o
qvsnprintf.o qlocale.o qlinkedlist.o qurl.o qnumeric.o qcryptographichash.o
qxmlstream.o qxmlutils.o  -m64
Basic XLib functionality test failed!
 You might need to modify the include and library search paths by editing
 QMAKE_INCDIR_X11 and QMAKE_LIBDIR_X11 in
/src/build/qt4/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64.

As I move forward tell me other things you want me to try/test as I'm
approaching this project as not just getting my core apps working but
understanding/taking control of the OS so I'm VERY interested in how this
all fits together.  For example I'd never heard of mdev/edev but I'm
reading up on them as I get x pumping, very interesting, and exciting libs
to be putting into/expanding practical use of.

Will

Content of type "text/html" skipped