Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 13:59:48 -0700
From: Euan Kemp <euan.kemp@...eos.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CoreOS membership to linux-distros

Hello.

We, the Container Linux team at CoreOS[0], would like to request
membership to the linux-distros list.

We've requested membership once before[1], but at the time new members
weren't being added iirc.

Based on Solar's comments in the Stack Clash thread, this seems like a
good time to renew this discussion.

To preempt some possible questions:

Q: What’s Container Linux?
Container Linux (formerly called CoreOS) is a linux distribution for
servers which automatically updates by default; it’s generally available
and has a fairly large install base.

Q: Can you handle embargoed builds?
We have the infrastructure and experience to make embargoed
builds/releases. These have been exercised by e.g. docker CVEs in the past.

Q: Do you have an advisory page?
We don't have a more comprehensive advisory page than our release notes
(which list CVEs fixed in each version) and in some cases blog posts.
We intend to have an advisory page at some indeterminate point in the
future.

- Euan

[0]: https://coreos.com/why/
[1]: http://seclists.org/oss-sec/2016/q4/205

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/pgp-signature SKIPPED ]