Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 16:02:04 +0100
From: Jan Lieskovsky <>
To: Kurt Seifried <>, Josh Bressers <>
CC: oss-security <>,
        "Steven M. Christey" <>,
        Joe Orton <>, Hyrum Wright <>
Subject: Re: CVE request for subversion

Hello Kurt, Josh, vendors,

Josh Bressers wrote:
> [...]

   Cc-ed Hyrum to shed more light into this one. [1] mentions two issues:
<begin quote>
several bug fixes, including two which can cause client-initiated
crashes on the server.
</end quote>

Further look at:

A, "* prevent crash in mod_dav_svn when using SVNParentPath (r1033166)" being the first one.
    Upstream changeset:

and after discussion with Joe Orton, Joe suggested:

B, * fix server-side memory leaks triggered by 'blame -g' (r1032808)
    Upstream changeset:

    being the second one as denial of service attack (by memory consumption) against

Hyrum, could you confirm A, and B, issues are those two, mentioned in [2]
to be able to cause client-initiated crashes on the server?

> I admit, this isn't obvious, so let's use CVE-2010-4539 for now.
> We can split it if needed once more information is known.

Josh, since CVE-2010-4539 was assigned. Once Hyrum confirms, can
we consider CVE-2010-4539 to be a CVE identifier for A, issue
and request yet another / second one for B, issue?

Thanks && Regards, Jan.
Jan iankko Lieskovsky / Red Hat Security Response Team