Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 10:19:39 -0500
From: Hyrum Wright <>
To: oss-security <>
Cc: Kurt Seifried <>, Josh Bressers <>,
	"Steven M. Christey" <>, Joe Orton <>,
	Subversion Development <>
Subject: Re: CVE request for subversion

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Jan Lieskovsky <> wrote:
> Hello Kurt, Josh, vendors,
> Josh Bressers wrote:

I can confirm that A and B are the two issues mentioned in [2].

>> I admit, this isn't obvious, so let's use CVE-2010-4539 for now.
>> We can split it if needed once more information is known.
> Josh, since CVE-2010-4539 was assigned. Once Hyrum confirms, can
> we consider CVE-2010-4539 to be a CVE identifier for A, issue
> and request yet another / second one for B, issue?

We didn't initially reserve CVEs for these vulnerabilities, but will
be happy to update our documentation to reflect them.  (See )   The two issues really are
orthogonal, so B should probably  not be included in a CVE for A.

I've CC'd to help coordinate advisory authoring.