Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 20:16:33 +0000
From: Jason Keltz <jas@...ku.ca>
To: "john-users@...ts.openwall.com" <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: john jumbo 1.9.0 and yscrypt support

Hi Alexander,

This makes so much more sense. Thanks for explaining that. It's very helpful.  That being said, I compiled my own later version of libxcrypt on RHEL8, but can't seem to find an easy way to tell the compiler about it. Is there an option I can pass to configure ? Would this solve the problem ? Or not possible on RHEL8 at all?

Thanks again!!

Jason.