Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 13:29:10 +0530
From: Aben Sojan <abensojan000@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: "No hashes found" when argon2id is present?

As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, John the Ripper did not have
built-in support for the argon2id hashing algorithm. However, it's possible
that there have been updates or third-party patches since then that add
support for argon2id hashes.

To address the issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Ensure you have the latest version of John the Ripper installed. Check
the official website or relevant forums for any updates or patches that may
have added support for argon2id.

2. Look for community-developed patches or extensions that add argon2id
support to John the Ripper. These can often be found on forums, GitHub
repositories, or other community-driven platforms. Search for "argon2id
patch for John the Ripper" or similar keywords to find relevant resources.

3. If you're unable to find a patch or extension for John the Ripper,
consider using other password cracking tools that do support argon2id. For
example, hashcat is another popular password cracking tool that does
support argon2id. You can explore its documentation and resources for
guidance on how to crack argon2id hashes using hashcat.

Remember that password cracking should only be done for legitimate purposes
and with proper authorization. Ensure that you have the necessary
permissions and legal rights before attempting any password cracking
activities.