Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 00:06:01 +0100
From: Piotr Dobrogost <2018@...obrogost.net>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: "No OpenCL devices was found" and "dri2
 connection failed!" errors, when using NVidia gpus

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 6:15 PM, Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com>
wrote:

> I bet you have more than one OpenCL implementation installed (could be
mesa, pocl, ...)

Thank you for taking time to reply. It looks like you are right.

> You can try to get more information doing something like this: (try 0,
then 1,2, ...)
> `john --verbosity=5 --list=opencl-devices --device=0`

At https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/Tuab~zsBF6DDSfpR-ViENA there's an
output from the following:

for device in {0..10}; do echo -e "----- DEVICE $device -----\n";
./john --verbosity=5 --list=opencl-devices --device=$device; done

Please see https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/VhE-Pn1ardN2UYXpffc84w

Please see https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/sTTM~6mpPBYhFa10DG1bDA

Please see https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/U3b4BqKYftVPSCDIesMr2w

> dnf list installed | grep beignet | sort

Please see https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/BdQyYitXGpy2-pdugQFz9Q

It looks like device 0 is CPU, device 1 is glitch in the Matrix :), devices
2-9 are 8 Nvidia GPUs and device 10 is built-in/on-board GPU.
I guess running john with --devices=2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 option should result in
work being distributed among all 8 GPUs.
How can I check if it's really the case?
I have all GPUs mining and when I run john with --devices=2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
option I see only the first GPU has lower hashrate which I take to mean john
is running only on it and not on any other GPU.

Regards,
Piotr