Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 14:15:58 -0300
From: Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: "No OpenCL devices was found" and "dri2 connection failed!"
 errors, when using NVidia gpus

 > Any idea what may be causing `No OpenCL devices was found` and `X server
 > found. dri2 connection failed!` errors when trying to use NVidia cards?

I bet you have more than one OpenCL implementation installed (could be
mesa, pocl, ...)

You can try to get more information doing something like this: (try 0,
then 1,2, ...)
`john --verbosity=5 --list=opencl-devices --device=0`

And,
`_SKIP_OCL_INITIALIZATION=1 john --verbosity=5 --list=opencl-devices`

---

If nothing shines, you could also post the result of:
lspci -k | grep -iA 3 vga
dnf list installed | grep opencl | sort

dnf list installed | grep beignet | sort

Claudio