Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 21:02:50 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: External Policy Filter

I've been on many threads and re-read everything I can, but I can't
figure out how to change [List.External:Policy] to be closer to how
Microsoft has implemented their default complexity policy for
passwords.
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc786468%28v=ws.10%29.aspx
I'm only interested in making that policy do more dynamic matching...
meaning instead of filtering on static character classes (?u?l?d,
?u?l?s, ?u?s?d etc...) have do more if not at least 3 of these
combinations of classes, then reject.
So allow: ( >7 )
Asdf12#$  (?u?l?d?s)
Asdf1234   (?u?d?l)
ABCD3fgh (?u?d?l)
asdf@$$1  (?l?s?d)
A@...5%% (u?l?d?s)

Maybe a perl or regex script is better suited for the task, especially
since I can't seem to get the length to go beyond 8 in my version of
jtr.
./john.exe -w=rockyou.txt -external=policy -stdout
The regex's I've come across haven't been working to my satisfaction.
-rich