Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 12:16:24 -0300
From: Claudio André <claudioandre.br@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: custom rules

> Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 10:20:49 +0800
> From: Jianhua Zhu <zjhjsy@...il.com>
> To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
> Subject: custom rules

> 1,if i can specify two wordlist files with john?because i want to
> combination of two wordlists?maybe use rules can achive this?

You probably need to read more documents and examples aboud JtR usage. Once
you have a clear understanding about what JtR offers, you will be able to
do what you want. See examples below (it handles 1 and 2):

$ cat file1
zhu
yang
tian

$ cat file2
1231
2345
4579

$ cat file1 >> dictio
$ cat file2 >> dictio

$ ../run/john --stdout --prince=dictio #too much I see, but it combines the
files you want.
[...]
1580p 0:00:00:00 0,00% 8777p/s 4579457945794579

$ ../run/john --stdout --prince=dictio --min-len=8 --max-len=8 # <====
yangyang
tianyang
1231yang
2345yang
4579yang
yangtian
tiantian
1231tian
2345tian
4579tian
yang1231
tian1231
12311231
23451231
45791231
yang2345
tian2345
12312345
23452345
45792345
yang4579
tian4579
12314579
23454579
45794579
25p 0:00:00:00 0,00% 416.6p/s 45794579
----

BTW: I'm sure you can find better approaches to solve it.