Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 14:38:27 -0400
From: Rich Rumble <richrumble@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [john-dev] [RFC] Johnny upcoming release !

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 2:20 PM, Mathieu Laprise <mathlaprise@...il.com> wrote:
> We will soon release a new version of Johnny with a nice changelog. Later
> this summer, we'll also release further new versions of Johnny based on this
> roadmap http://openwall.info/wiki/john/johnny-roadmap.
>
> We make Johnny for you guys so we'd like to get your feedback regarding
> which platform(and you'd like us to support for :
> 1. Source build instructions and testing
> 2. Subsequent binary packaging
>
> On which platform are you guys using or will you guys use Johnny the most ?
> Would having a proper installer help you ? Should we bundle JtR with Johnny
> to make it easier for you ?
>
> Last but not least, what could we improve to make you start using Johnny
> more often ?
I'll test this out on windows 32/64 bit OS's. Also I've got some
windows builds (recent) I'll put up on the custom builds page in a few
hours when I have more time and you can see if the SIGNAL'ing is
working for Cygwin builds.. I know most windows users like a
next,next,finish install and we can create unofficial ones using NSIS
etc... I may be able to help in this respect as well. I'm not sure how
Solar and other maintainers care about or vet what is contributed by
others.I'd like the windows JtR to be seemless for others, especially
with all the complicated options and variables JtR Jumbo has these
days :)
-rich