Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 02:03:17 +0200
From: newangels newangels <contact.newangels@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: John the Ripper 1.7.9-jumbo-6

Hi Alexander,

Thanks a lot for the reply, here my answers ;

2012/6/29, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>:
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:07:53PM +0200, newangels newangels wrote:
>> I got ;
>>
>> ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> make[1]: *** [../run/john] Error 1
>> make: *** [macosx-x86-64] Error 2
>
> You're including too few lines of output.  In this case, you did not
> include the actual symbol names that were not found - and this is going
> to be needed.

In fact, i try to compiled with OPenMp so i un_comment in MakeFile the :

# gcc with OpenMP
OMPFLAGS = -fopenmp
OMPFLAGS = -fopenmp -msse2

& maybe i miss other things ! ?, they are the only things i tweak.

I though that's it's enough to enable OpenMP

>> 2012/6/29, newangels newangels <contact.newangels@...il.com>:
>> > I do :
>> >
>> > make macosx-x86-64-opencl
>
> The OpenCL support in this jumbo release was tested almost exclusively
> on Linux.  The macosx-x86-64-opencl target was added as well, and I
> recall that someone at least tried using it during development, but it
> was certainly not specifically tested shortly before the release (unlike
> certain other targets).

Ok, i understand, if you whant i can test as well on my MacBookPro with ATI .C

> We did test that this release builds and works on Mac OS X without
> OpenCL, though.
>
>> > & i got :
>> >
>> > make[1]: *** [common_opencl_pbkdf2.o] Error 1
>> > make: *** [macosx-x86-64-opencl] Error 2
>
> Like above, we'd need more lines of error output to diagnose this.
> Probably not a lot more - maybe 10 or so - starting with the _first_
> error message that you've received during the build attempt.
>
> Alexander

you right, i re_run an compilation process, here the Lines :

common_opencl_pbkdf2.c: In function ‘pbkdf2_divide_work’:
common_opencl_pbkdf2.c:201: error: ‘uint’ undeclared (first use in
this function)
common_opencl_pbkdf2.c:201: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
reported only once
common_opencl_pbkdf2.c:201: error: for each function it appears in.)
common_opencl_pbkdf2.c:201: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘work_part’
common_opencl_pbkdf2.c:210: error: ‘lws_max’ undeclared (first use in
this function)
common_opencl_pbkdf2.c:228: error: ‘work_part’ undeclared (first use
in this function)
common_opencl_pbkdf2.c:228: error: ‘work_offset’ undeclared (first use
in this function)