Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 00:16:40 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: John the Ripper 1.7.9-jumbo-6

Donovan -

Please quote relevant context only (but do quote some).  Here are some
guidelines on quoting:

http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/mail-news-errors.html

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:07:53PM +0200, newangels newangels wrote:
> I got ;

> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [../run/john] Error 1
> make: *** [macosx-x86-64] Error 2

You're including too few lines of output.  In this case, you did not
include the actual symbol names that were not found - and this is going
to be needed.

> 2012/6/29, newangels newangels <contact.newangels@...il.com>:
> > I do :
> >
> > make macosx-x86-64-opencl

The OpenCL support in this jumbo release was tested almost exclusively
on Linux.  The macosx-x86-64-opencl target was added as well, and I
recall that someone at least tried using it during development, but it
was certainly not specifically tested shortly before the release (unlike
certain other targets).

We did test that this release builds and works on Mac OS X without
OpenCL, though.

> > & i got :
> >
> > make[1]: *** [common_opencl_pbkdf2.o] Error 1
> > make: *** [macosx-x86-64-opencl] Error 2

Like above, we'd need more lines of error output to diagnose this.
Probably not a lot more - maybe 10 or so - starting with the _first_
error message that you've received during the build attempt.

Alexander