Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 19:05:21 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: OpenCL patch for John

Hi all,
I'd like to announce OpenCL patch for John. It contains phpass,
cryptmd5 and cryptsha256 formats. Performance is poor, but will be
increased especially on amd devices in the next revisions and mscash2,
cryptsha512 will be added.

Patch can be downloaded directly from:
http://openwall.info/wiki/_media/john/john-1.7.8/john-1.7.8-allopencl-01.diff

It doesn't provide multi gpu support, and always uses primary gpu.

If you having any problems with feel free to contact me.

Here are some benchmarks:
ukasz@...kstar$../run/john -test --format=phpassopencl
Benchmarking: PHPASSOPENCL [PORTABLE-MD5]...
OpenCL Device: GeForce GTX 460
DONE
Raw:    137077 c/s real, 137901 c/s virtual

ukasz@...kstar$../run/john -test --format=cryptmd5opencl
Benchmarking: CRYPTMD5OPENCL [MD5-based CRYPT]...
OpenCL Device: GeForce GTX 460
DONE
Raw:    174754 c/s real, 176516 c/s virtual

ukasz@...kstar$../run/john -test --format=cryptsha256opencl
Benchmarking: CRYPTSHA256OPENCL [SHA256-based CRYPT]...
OpenCL Device: GeForce GTX 460
DONE
Raw:    7097 c/s real, 7225 c/s virtual

Lukas