Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 07:03:19 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Solaris Assembler Multiply Fix

On Wed, Sep 01, 2010 at 02:45:01PM -0700, Alain Espinosa wrote:
> Hi. I have a small time and convert the assembler multiply into sum as
> Solar do. The patch is apply on top the jumbo distribution. I make a
> rapid test in linux and mac and works well.

Thank you!

Using this approach for up to MUL_512() feels risky, though.  That's a
stress test for the assembler.  Perhaps there's another way that would
not involve multiplying by a number this large.

I'll try to find time to look into this a bit later, although I have
other (non-JtR) things to focus on first...

Thanks again,

Alexander