Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 20:19:52 -0500
From: "JimF" <jfoug@....net>
To: <john-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Questions on new format submissions

Hello all, my first post to this list.

I have a new format file, for phpass (the portable only) and phpBB hashes (it uses ssh's MD5, and md5-mmx.S for mmx and sse2).  I have also changed the 'rawMD5' from the 1.7.3.1+jumbo-5 to also do SSE2.

I am a MinGW/MSYS user, and the patches I have made, do not appear to do all of the date setting properly (I followed the 'how to build patches' FAQ from the john wiki).  MSYS works slick, but it certainly is not a native *nix, and lacks some of the bells/whistles.

In what manner would you like these patches be submitted?   I have no problem releasing them, but do not wish to host this stuff.  I did find a wiki patch section, but it looks pretty unused.   Is that something you want people to start using?

I also have updates to the mingw patch, a couple of things that should be 'fixed in it', and it being done 'post' clean jumbo-5

Jim.