Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2016 20:58:45 +0800
From: Barry Kauler <bkauler@...il.com>
To: sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Recipe for f2fs-tools, advice requested

Hi guys,
I think that I have figured out the recipe for f2fs-tools, and I would
like to submit a couple of patches. Would one of the developer guys
please look at these, and if OK submit them.

f2fs-tools fails to compile, with missing sys/queue.h
Looking around, I find this is an old problem, that has been solved in
package 'miniupnpc' by using its own internal bsdqueue.h:
https://github.com/miniupnp/miniupnp/issues/25

Lots of source packages hit this problem, so why not implement a permanent fix?
/usr/include/sys/queue.h is in glibc. According to this post, it is
BSD licensed and standalone, so just put it permanently into the musl
f.s.:
http://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2013/09/29/7

So, that is what my sabotage-fix-missing-sys-queue.h-header.patch does.
I haven't actually tested that queue.h will be copied over to the
build-dir, but it seems logical. Please look at it to see if what I
have done is sane.

Then there is the recipe for f2fs-tools. With queue.h in place in the
build-dir, it works.
The file is  sabotage-new-pkg-f2fs-tools.patch

Regards,
Barry Kauler

Download attachment "sabotage-fix-missing-sys-queue.h-header.patch.gz" of type "application/x-gzip" (4203 bytes)

Download attachment "sabotage-new-pkg-f2fs-tools.patch.gz" of type "application/x-gzip" (815 bytes)