Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 16:11:04 +0000
From: Henrique Lengler <henriqueleng@...nmailbox.org>
To: sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: xorg no mouse or keyboard

On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 01:29:33AM -0600, will cunningham wrote:
> So I'd like to both get this working but also understand how I take control
> of which X(xorg,Xfbdev,with vbox, with qemu) happens. Poking at xinitrc
> isn't getting it done, so I must be missing something really obvious.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Will

I don`t really know how it work, but these are the steps I did to make it work:
In xorg there is two ways of having input devices like keyboard and mouse, via
evdev, that will auto detect the devices but it need udev, or by mannualy setting
them.

So install xf86-input-mouse and xf86-input-keyboard and xf86-input-synaptics if
you use touchpad.
Clone this repo, https://github.com/slashbeast/mdev-like-a-boss
 wich have some skel_files that help you and a lot of information
Copy the mdev.conf to /etc/mdev.conf (I don`t know if this file is different from
the default one, butit works)
Now you need to create the conf files in xorg.conf.d, copy the xorg.conf.d/ files
of the repo to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d, you can delete 20-touchpad.conf if you don`t
 use it.
It probably will work now, you also can customize the files if you want.

Regards,
--
Henrique Lengler