Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 22:40:02 +0100
From: John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
To:  henriqueleng@...nmailbox.org
CC:  sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: General questions about sabotage

Henrique Lengler wrote:
> Hi, I have some questions about sabotage linux
>
> - Is there a way to manage (list/change) use flags for a specific software?

we don't have use flags. all packages are built using a sane default
configuration. only the kernel package and maybe one or two others have
a way to influence what's getting built via some environment variables.
in the case of the kernel, the environment variable DISABLE_GRSEC=1
disables usage of the grsec patch.
however you can influence the CFLAGS/LDFLAGS that are used by the build
via /etc/butch-optflags.sh (which in turn can depend on env vars to
activate specific features like the default one does)

> Use flags options came with the source or it is a feature added by gentoo?
> - How it works the implementation gcc+musl? gcc will use musl by default

yes, there is only musl. sabotage has no possibility to use any other libc.

> when
> I compile some software? And if I want it statically compiled?

if you want something statically linked, add "-static" to the optldflags
in /etc/butch-optflags.sh or to LDFLAGS in the pkg recipe.

> When I installed xorg, butch installed glibc, so I'm afraid my gcc is
> using glibc.

what makes you think so? there is no glibc in sabotage.

see https://github.com/sabotage-linux/sabotage/issues/237

> - And what modifications I will usually need to do in a package source to
> compile it with musl, and maybe statically?

as described above.

--JS