Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 14:05:49 -0600
From: will cunningham <willpanther@...il.com>
To: sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: apps/libs not compiling with butch 4

John,

I deleted the src package when copying to the usb pen drive for space and
it isn't redownloading the kernel sources.  I'm gonna redo this anyway as
this install was before you guys fixed the linux sources link, and I'll
keep the source packages intact now that I know it matters for recompiling
n such.

No problem as I've kept good notes, and again once it's all cherry I'll
write a nice PDF putting all this in perspective, and they should be
against whatever is in the repo anyway.

The one question here is, I'm guessing there won't be a problem rebuilding
the kernel(make menuconfig, then make  && make modules_install then copying
the bzImage to vmlinuz) for my PC after installing it with DISABLE_GRSEC=1?

soon,

Will

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 1:28 PM, John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
wrote:

> will cunningham wrote:
>
>> Well I'm up on the desktop PC, but some of the apps with butch ain't
>> compiling.  So this question is both in the form of how/where/what to send
>> of outputs when something doesn't compile, as well as the actual problems.
>>

> in general only the lines containing the error message are important (plus
> 5-10 lines of context so the gcc command line can be seen).
> you can send the reports here or open an issue on the github issue tracker
> - however you prefer.
>
> --JS

Content of type "text/html" skipped