Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 00:49:37 -0600
From: "matt mix" <matthew.mix@...mail.com>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: cannot get this to work

Hello everyone I am going to just start off and say I am rather new to linux
and this is truly my last resort. I have looked everywhere and tried quite a
bit before asking for help and I appreciate any that you all can provide.

I have been trying for a couple days now to successfully setup this popa3d
server to receive emails. I am using the basic out of the box openwall
configurations and I have modified the postfix main.cf file the best I can
and created a test user. I am able to locally connect and do a STAT w/ no
problem. I dont know if this is a routing issue or a configuration within
the postfix config files or not.

I have set my router to forward the traffic on port 110 that comes in on my
dynamic dns that is managed by my router to the pop server. I have forwarded
both udp and tcp traffic through iptables.

iptables -t nat -A prerouting_rule -i $WAN -p tcp --dport 110 -j DNAT --to
192.168.1.153
iptables          -A forwarding_rule -i $WAN -p tcp --dport 110 -d
192.168.1.153 -j ACCEPT

and I repeated the above for udp.

I checked my apache server and verified that it is working fine and
forwarding to another machine successfully. By connecting with a non-local
ip. However we cannot connect to the pop server via telnet or mail2web on
that external ip. No traffic showed up heading to port 110 either when I
looked for traffic on port 110 with wireshark locally.

Again thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction. If there are
any resources you all could recommend for me I would appreciate that as
well.