Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 08:04:00 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: popa3d 1.0

Hi Sean,

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 11:25:10PM -0700, Sean Kelly wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone could help me produce a patch using diff (or
> what?) -

Are you asking for help on using the diff program?  If so, "man diff"
and "info diff" should have it.  In short, the command you'd use is
probably like this:

diff -urpN popa3d-1.0.orig popa3d-1.0 > popa3d-1.0-whatever-1.diff

where popa3d-1.0.orig is the original popa3d 1.0 tree, and popa3d-1.0
is your modified version.  Be sure to remove any extra files before
you run this (run "make clean" or so), and also not include any local
changes (such as those to params.h) in the patch file you distribute.

> I made a couple quick and simple code changes that will add the
> IP address of the connected user in parenthesis on the log line after
> authentication.

I'm not sure why you did it given that some of the patches already in
contrib do the same.  OK, I understand that it may be quicker to add
the few lines to do it rather than to download and apply a patch.  And
those other patches do more than just that.

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar at openwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598

Was I helpful?  Please give your feedback here: http://rate.affero.net/solar