Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2017 16:44:38 +0100
From: Matlink <matlink@...link.fr>
To: passwords@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Authentication vs identification

Basically:

Authentification is verifying that an user is really the one she's
pretending to be (i.e. by asking for a password).

Identification is trying to put an identity on someone, like her name is
Alice Smith from London (or less precisely by tracking her across websites).

--
Matlink - Sysadmin matlink.fr
Sortez couverts, chiffrez vos mails : https://café-vie-privée.fr/