Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 19:39:15 +0300
From: gremlin@...mlin.ru
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: "make check" glibc 2.21: Test suite failed

On 2015-09-24 13:02:01 +0530, tux Penguin wrote:

 > For glibc compilation, I executed the command "make check".
 > The following test suites failed

[...]

 > So, Please help me to solve this.

0. Prepare virtual system to be used for a build environment

1. Start with recent Owl-current system downloaded from
ftp://ftp.ru.openwall.com/pub/Owl/current/iso/

2. Update the kernel to recent 2.6.32-ovz from
ftp://ftp.openvz.org/kernel/branches/rhel6-2.6.32/
(not necessary, but I recommend doing that).

3. Set up basic build environment in your home directory:
mkdir -p ~/RPM/{BUILD,ROOT,RPMS,SOURCES,SPECS,SRPMS,tmp}
cat > ~/.rpmmacros << __RPMMACROS_EOF__
%_topdir	%homedir/RPM
%_tmppath	%homedir/RPM/tmp
%buildroot	%homedir/RPM/ROOT/%name-%version-%release
__RPMMACROS_EOF__

4. Build the new glibc using `rpmbuild`

5. If everything is ok, update the glibc locally with `rpm -U`

6. Restart the build system and check whether it boots ok.

7. Rebuild the new glibc package again

8. Try to check it - it most likely should pass the check.

 > And, Also help me know the reasons for their failure.

There could be any.

 > I am using gcc version 4.8, linux kernel version - 3.10,
 > glibc version - 2.21

Neither of there are supported by our team officially (yet).

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin <gremlin ПРИ gremlin ТЧК ru>
GPG: 8832FE9FA791F7968AC96E4E909DAC45EF3B1FA8 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net