Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 12:24:17 +0400
From: gremlin@...mlin.ru
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: bash security update (CVE-2014-6271)

On 25-Sep-2014 06:07:46 +0400, Solar Designer wrote:

 > There are updated bash packages in Owl-current built for
 > i686 and x86_64, fixing a critical vulnerability.

As usual, less than in a day since publishing :-)

 > Please note that Owl-current is undergoing some invasive updates
 > now, so there are some inconsistencies between its source tree and
 > the currently available binary packages (for some other packages,
 > not for bash), most of which haven't been rebuilt yet. We'll take
 > care of producing proper binary builds with all of these other
 > updates shortly.

I'd suggest a quick workaround for possible binary incompatibilities:
publish all .src.rpm files for each -current snapshot - as Owl has a
complete build environment, urgent update of a single package could
be as simple as `rpmbuild --rebuild ftp://.../package-1.2.3-1.src.rpm`

--
Alexey V. Vissarionov aka Gremlin from Kremlin <gremlin ПРИ gremlin ТЧК ru>
GPG: 8832FE9FA791F7968AC96E4E909DAC45EF3B1FA8 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net