Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 03:02:21 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: tzdata

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 02:08:55AM +0400, Vasiliy V. Tekuchev wrote:
> I rebuild tzdata package with tz{code,data}2014h and try it on two VE
> (32 and 64 bit), seems to be work. Spec-file in attachment.

Thank you!  It looks like your spec is based mostly on what's in Owl
rather than on the preliminary update I had posted, although indeed they
have changes in common.

I've just committed an update to 2014i (released on Oct 22).

> Found (probably) bug - command:
> $ zdump -v <file>
> not work - it hangs. But it hangs on current version of tzdata too, so I
> hope this is not critical bug.

Hmm, yes - it is looping on the CPU.  Without "-v" it works fine.

> hardlink -vc %buildroot

BTW, this no longer finds any duplicates:

Directories 52
Objects 1234
IFREG 1181
Comparisons 21
Linked 0
saved 0

> WD=`pwd`;
> cd %buildroot
> DOCDIR=%{buildroot}/%{_docdir}/tzdata-%tzdata_version/
> mkdir -p $DOCDIR
> cp $WD/README $DOCDIR
> cp $WD/Theory $DOCDIR
> cp $WD/tz-link.htm $DOCDIR

Why?!  This copying appears to be unneeded.  It was not in the old spec
file in Owl, and it is not in what I committed now.

> %check
> %__make check_character_set check_white_space check_sorted check_tables

Thank you for noticing that there were more checks to add.  I've added
"check_white_space check_sorted" compared to what was in the preliminary
spec update.

> %exclude /usr/etc
> %exclude /usr/lib
> %exclude /usr/man

I am using Dmitry's suggestion here - don't override TOPDIR, and exclude
/usr/local.  It felt dirtier to me initially, which is why I had not
included it in the preliminary spec in July, but if Dmitry suggested it,
this hack must be good enough to use. ;-)

> %exclude /usr/share/zoneinfo-leaps

I kept %_datadir/zoneinfo-leaps here.  I don't know why you chose to
move away from use of the macro for this directive.

Alexander