Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 00:47:25 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: /etc/skel/.ssh/authorized_keys

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 12:15:03AM +0400, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> Well, /etc/skel/.ssh/authorized_keys is very convenient.  On servers where
> PasswordAuthentication is turned off (e.g. on all servers I care for),
> ~user/.ssh/authorized_keys is changed at least once (unless
> AuthorizedKeysFile is also customized).  When ~user/.ssh/authorized_keys
> is created by useradd, it allows to use tab completion and makes sysadmins
> happy. ;)
>
> In Sisyphus, this file contains a comment:
> http://git.altlinux.org/gears/e/etcskel.git?p=etcskel.git;a=blob;f=etcskel/common/.ssh/authorized_keys

Wow.  Frankly, I think that you have too much stuff in etcskel/common -
also a .mutt subdirectory with many files in it, even though probably
only a minority of accounts will ever run Mutt.

But I don't mind getting .ssh/authorized_keys in, then.

And this reminds me - you're still supposed to update our OpenSSH. ;-)

Thanks!

Alexander