Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 23:13:22 -0700
From: Reed Loden <reed@...dloden.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: The Internet Bug Bounty: Data Processing (hackerone.com)

(Wearing my IBB hat)

I just replied to Guido privately, but wanted to follow-up here stating
that we (the IBB) are open to paying for issues in a non-ASLR configuration.

The main reason we have extra stipulations on this particular program is
that some of the projects that have signed up were worried about being
inundated with low-severity issues that didn't actually do much to improve
security. So, we started with a fairly high bar to emphasize the main goal
of looking for critical vulnerabilities (i.e., RCE). However, ASLR is not
full-proof and only delays the inevitable, so I agree that vulnerabilities
that are solely mitigated by ASLR should still be in-scope for a bounty.

Separately, we're happy to announce that libav (
https://git.libav.org/?p=libav.git;a=summary) was added to the scope
earlier today.

If other well-known projects fit into the category of "data processing" and
wish to participate, please reach out to panel [@] internetbugbounty.org,
and we'd be happy to add you.

Happy hacking,
~reed