Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2017 17:41:49 +0100
From: Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil@...ian.org>
Subject: Roundcube: CVE-2017-6820: XSS issue in handling of a style tag
 inside of an svg element

Hi

I have requested a CVE for the following Roundcube issue, wich got
assigned CVE-2017-6820[*].

rcube_utils.php in Roundcube before 1.1.8 and before 1.2.4 is
susceptible to a cross-site scripting vulnerability via a crafted
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) token sequence within an SVG element..

https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/releases/tag/1.1.8
https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/releases/tag/1.2.4
https://roundcube.net/news/2017/03/10/updates-1.2.4-and-1.1.8-released

Upstream fix (sequence of two commits):

https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/commit/fa2824fdcd44af3f970b2797feb47652482c8305
https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/commit/cbd35626f7db7855f3b5e2db00d28ecc1554e9f4

Regards,
Salvatore

 [*] ideally that would be done by the upstream project on it's own
 before publishing an issue in case it was privately reported, since
 it was not immediately clear to me if one was already requested or
 some other vendors/distributors have done it.