Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 11:51:39 -0500
From: Leo Famulari <leo@...ulari.name>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: util-linux 2.29.2 fixes CVE-2017-2616

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 05:08:48PM +0100, Hanno Böck wrote:
> Anyone have a good idea who is using shadow vs. util-linux su? Do they
> have specific advantages/disadvantages, would it be reasonable to try
> to get all distros to use them same one?

Debian uses shadow, but is discussing a switch to util-linux:
https://packages.debian.org/sid/login

GuixSD is using shadow:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/system.scm#n579

I'm also interested to learn the pros and cons of the two
implementations.

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (834 bytes)