Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 07:10:28 +0100
From: Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil@...ian.org>
Cc: security@...pal.org, Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@...lf.org>,
	cve-assign@...re.org, team@...urity.debian.org
Subject: Pending CVE assignments for SA-CORE-2014-006?

Hi

I just wanted to ask back if the CVEs for SA-CORE-2014-006[1] were
already requested (the advisory mention that they will be requested
and added to the advisory). If so this will ease tracking the two
issues. For reference they are:

> Session hijacking (Drupal 6 and 7)
>
> A specially crafted request can give a user access to another user's
> session, allowing an attacker to hijack a random session.
>
> This attack is known to be possible on certain Drupal 7 sites which
> serve both HTTP and HTTPS content ("mixed-mode"), but it is possible
> there are other attack vectors for both Drupal 6 and Drupal 7.
>
> Denial of service (Drupal 7 only)
>
> Drupal 7 includes a password hashing API to ensure that user
> supplied passwords are not stored in plain text.
>
> A vulnerability in this API allows an attacker to send specially
> crafted requests resulting in CPU and memory exhaustion. This may
> lead to the site becoming unavailable or unresponsive (denial of
> service).
>
> This vulnerability can be exploited by anonymous users.

They are fixed in Drupal7 7.34 and Drupal6 6.34.

 [1] https://www.drupal.org/SA-CORE-2014-006

 Regards,
 Salvatore