Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 10:22:25 +0100
From: Tristan Cacqueray <tristan.cacqueray@...vance.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE request for vulnerability in OpenStack Keystone

A vulnerability was discovered in OpenStack (see below). In order to
ensure full traceability, we need a CVE number assigned that we can
attach to further notifications. This issue is already public, although
an advisory was not sent yet.

Title: Trustee token revocation does not work with memcache backend
Reporter: Morgan Fainberg (Metacloud)
Products: Keystone
Versions: 2013.1 up to 2013.1.4 and 2013.2 versions up to 2013.2.2

Morgan Fainberg from Metacloud reported a vulnerability in the Keystone
memcache token backend. When a trustor issues a trust token with
impersonation enabled, the token is only added to the trustor's token
list and not to the trustee's token list. This results in the trust
token not being invalidated by the trustee's token revocation (bulk
revocation). This is most noticeable when the trustee user is disabled
or the trustee changes a password. Only setups using the memcache
backend for tokens in Keystone are affected.