Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 15:43:30 +0100
From: Thierry Carrez <thierry@...nstack.org>
To: Open Source Security <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: CVE request for a vulnerability in OpenStack Nova

A vulnerability was discovered in OpenStack (see below). In order to
ensure full traceability, we need a CVE number assigned that we can
attach to further notifications. This issue is already public,
although an advisory was not sent yet.

"""
Title: Nova live snapshots use an insecure local directory
Reporter: Daniel Berrange (Red Hat)
Products: Nova
Affects: Grizzly and later

Daniel Berrange from Red Hat reported that the directories used to
temporarily store live snapshots on Nova compute nodes were writeable to
all local users. A local attacker with shell access on compute nodes
could therefore read and modify the contents of live snapshots before
those are uploaded to the image service.
"""