Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 10:38:31 -0700
From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
CC: ffmpeg-security@...peg.org
Subject: Re: CVE Request: FFmpeg 2.1 multiple problems

On 11/26/2013 07:01 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> Id like to request CVE(s) for FFmpeg 2.1, for the changes below:
>

> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/29ffeef5e73b8f41ff3a3f2242d356759c66f91f

fixes a deadlock in h264 decoding
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2927
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/3819db745da2ac7fb3faacb116788c32f4753f34

Fixes out of array (on heap) writes in rpza decoding
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2850
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/454a11a1c9c686c78aa97954306fb63453299760

avcodec/dsputil: fix signedness in sizeof() comparissions leading
> to interger overflow and out of array accesses
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/547d690d676064069d44703a1917e0dab7e33445

Fixes out of array (on heap) writes in ffv1 decoding
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2906 Found-by: ami_stuff
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/780669ef7c23c00836a24921fcc6b03be2b8ca4a

Fixes out of array write in jpeg2000 decoding
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3080 Found-by: ami_stuff
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/821a5938d100458f4d09d634041b05c860554ce0

Fix order of align and pixel size multiplication.
> Fixes out of array accesses in g2m4
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2922 Found-by: ami_stuff
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/86736f59d6a527d8bc807d09b93f971c0fe0bb07

avcodec/pngdsp: fix (un)signed type in end comparission
> Fixes out of array writes in png decoding
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2919 Found_by: ami_stuff
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/880c73cd76109697447fbfbaa8e5ee5683309446

avcodec/flashsv: check diff_start/height
> Fixes out of array accesses https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2844
> Found-by: ami_stuff
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/8bb11c3ca77b52e05a9ed1496a65f8a76e6e2d8f

Check cdx/y values more carefully
> Fixes out of array accesses in jpeg2000 decoding
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2848 Found-by: Piotr Bandurski
> <ami_stuff@...pl>
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/912ce9dd2080c5837285a471d750fa311e09b555

fix dereferencing invalid pointers in jpeg2000 decoding
> Found-by: Laurent Butti <laurentb@...il.com>
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/9a271a9368eaabf99e6c2046103acb33957e63b7

jpeg2000: check log2_cblk dimensions
> Fixes out of array access https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2895
> Found-by: Piotr Bandurski <ami_stuff@...pl>
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/a1b9004b768bef606ee98d417bceb9392ceb788d

avcodec/jpeg2000dec: fix context consistency with too large lowres
> Fixes out of array accesses in jpeg2000 decoding
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2898
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/b05cd1ea7e45a836f7f6071a716c38bb30326e0f

ffv1dec: Check bits_per_raw_sample and colorspace for equality in ver
0/1 headers
> prevents inconsistency and out of array write
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/cdd5df8189ff1537f7abe8defe971f80602cc2d2

avfilter/vf_fps: make sure the fifo is not empty before using it
> fixes double free in the fps filter
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2905
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/e07ac727c1cc9eed39e7f9117c97006f719864bd

fixes out of array access in g2m4
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2971 Found-by: ami_stuff
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/f31011e9abfb2ae75bb32bc44e2c34194c8dc40a

out of array write (on heap) in case of realloc failure
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2982
>
> https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/commit/fe448cd28d674c3eff3072552eae366d0b659ce9

avcodec/jpeg2000dec: prevent out of array accesses in pixel addressing
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2921

I will get to this ticket probably tonight, it's going to take a while
to process.

- --
Kurt Seifried Red Hat Security Response Team (SRT)
PGP: 0x5E267993 A90B F995 7350 148F 66BF 7554 160D 4553 5E26 7993