Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 21:19:33 -0400
From: Evan Teitelman <teitelmanevan@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: scottydroid@...il.com
Subject: CVE Request - Coin Widget serves code over plain http.

Coin Widget is a Bitcoin and Lightcoin donation widget. Its code is
normally downloaded from http://coinwidget.com/widget/coin.js in the
following manner.

<script src="http://coinwidget.com/widget/coin.js"></script>
<script>
CoinWidgetCom.go({
    wallet_address: "31uEbMgunupShBVTewXjtqbBv5MndwfXhb"
    , currency: "bitcoin"
    , counter: "count"
    , alignment: "bl"
    , qrcode: true
    , auto_show: false
    , lbl_button: "Donate"
    , lbl_address: "My Bitcoin Address:"
    , lbl_count: "donations"
    , lbl_amount: "BTC"
});
</script>

Without SSL or similar protection, it is possible for the code to be
modified in transit. A malicious individual could modify the code to
replace a legitimate wallet address with his or her own.

I believe this vulnerability is an example of CWE-300. Does it need a
CVE identifier?

I have copied the creator of Coin Widget on this email.

Thank you for your time,
Evan Teitelman.