Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 05:12:01 -0500 (EST)
From: Jan Lieskovsky <jlieskov@...hat.com>
To: Tim Brown <timb@...nvas.org>,
        Michael Wiegand <michael.wiegand@...enbone.net>
Cc: full-disclosure@...ts.grok.org.uk, bugtraq@...urityfocus.com,
        oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, Michal Ambroz <rebus@...nam.cz>
Subject: Re: Re: [OVSA20121112] OpenVAS Manager Vulnerable To
 Command Injection

Hello Tim,

  thank you for the heads up and notification.

The versions of openvas-manager package, as shipped with Fedora release of 16
and release of 17 is based on upstream 2.0.5 version yet. From what I have looked
and can tell from upstream advisory and patch (for 3.0.X version):
[1] http://www.openvas.org/OVSA20121112.html
[2] http://wald.intevation.org/scm/viewvc.php?view=rev&root=openvas&revision=14437

the CVE-2012-5520 does not seem to be applicable to OpenVAS-4 / openvas-manager 2.0.5
version yet:
[3] http://lists.wald.intevation.org/pipermail/openvas-announce/2012-August/000140.html

But prior definitely classifying Fedora 16 and Fedora 17 openvas-manager package versions
as not vulnerable to this issue, I would like to hear opinion / confirmation from someone
more familiar with OpenVAS code.

So could you confirm the CVE-2012-5520 wouldn't affect OpenVAS-4 2.0.X version (yet)?

Thank you && Regards, Jan.
--
Jan iankko Lieskovsky / Red Hat Security Response Team