Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 12:44:03 +0100
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@...BSD.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: running the distros lists

Thanks for the clarifications, but this still leaves many questions open for me.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 06:53:04AM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> What I'd like to be happening is for some list member(s) (not too many
> of them) to be proposing a CRD for each reported issue on the day it is
> reported.  Then those member(s) need to stay on top of all open issues
> and ensure the CRDs are met (if necessary, adjusting the CRDs as long as
> the list's limit permits).  Quite often, this will involve negotiations
> with other list members, with the reporter, with upstream(s), and with
> various other parties (such as related projects and distros who are not
> on the list).  Yes, this does sound CERT'ish. ;-)

Does this person contact upstream(s)?
If not, who does?
Does this person contact downstreams?
Or are they assumed to read distros@?
What if an up- or downstream claims to need longer (confer a recent issue)?
When CRD happens, who publishes what where?
Or is it just a free-for-all afterwards?

Just off the top of my head :)
 Thomas