Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 18:08:15 +0100
From: Nicolas Grégoire <nicolas.gregoire@...rri.fr>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE affected for PHP 5.3.9 ?

> Can you provide a reproducer (vuln script and a malicious input) that
> shows this in action (e.g. creates a local php file).

Please find attached the "php539-xslt.php" script.

This script displays by default a pre-filled HTML form including some
XML data and XSLT code. When the form is submitted, the user-controlled
XML data is transformed using the user-controlled XSLT code. Then, the
output of this transformation is displayed in the browser.

When executed, the pre-filled XSLT code will write
to /var/www/xxx/backdoor.php this content :

<h1><font color="red">I'm a (very) malicious PHP file !!!</font></h1>
<?php phpinfo()?>

Note : the payload is encrypted with RC4. A static key ("simple_demo")
embedded in the XSLT code is used to decrypt it.

Regards,
Nicolas

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/x-php SKIPPED ]